Welcome to Ignite Ministries Fundraising Page
Our main drive is to raise as much money as we can to help support Humanitarian Needs around the world.
Over the past twenty years of ministry we have had the very great privilege of helping 10’000’s of individuals across the world to help rebuild there lives. The projects have ranged from digging fresh water wells, building churches, schools, home and pig farms as well as helping to establishing a number of different micro-projects one of which was a bakery we setup.
Thank you for all your help!
It was in April 2010 that I made my first trip to Haiti after the earthquake struck early that year.
I went as a part of Joan Hunters team from the USA. Hearing some of the horrific stories and see the disaster first hand, made an ever lasting impression on me.
Over these past four years even though we haven’t been there in person we have continued to help support the nation of Haiti and the Haitians people. By sending them bible, helping to raise money for fresh water and also in helping to build the Grace Orphanage which has just been completed.
Haiti Update from April 2013
Returning to Haiti – Easter 2014 – With Joan Hunter and her team.
We will be continuing to support the Haitians people in every way we can. Spiritually, Emotionally, Physically and Practically.
Here are just a few pictures from our first visit in 2010 just after the earthquake struck.
Grace Orphanage the foundation…
When the earthquake struck it left 1000’s of children without parents and a place to sleep and we launched on a project to build “Grace Orphanage”. It’s will be a place of safety and rest for many children over the years to come.
The Work in Haiti Continues
Month by month things are very slowly improving with lives getting back to normal.
All of the work which we are involved in is under the direction of one of the nation’s most influential leader Pastor Rene Joseph whose church was total destroyed in the earthquake. Bit by bit with help and support of many different people the church has been rebuilt
Pastor Rene Joseph & his Church
Grace Orphanage under Construction
The Orphanage was completed mid 2013 with the first group of children moving in. This is still only scratching the surface for all that is needed to be done.
Still More help is Needed!
So you might be thinking if the orphanage is finished, the church is built, people are now getting a bit back to normal why are you still wanting to raise money to help them.
Here are some facts which you might be interested in…
- Haiti makes up the western one-third of the island of Hispaniola in the Caribbean. The eastern two-thirds of the island is the Dominican Republic.
- Is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere?
- Population: 10,000,000 (2013 estimate)
- Language: French /Creole
- Median age: 21.9 years old
- Capital: Port-au-Prince
- Ethnic Groups: Black 95%, mulatto and white 5%
- Religion: Roman Catholic 80%, Protestant 20%
- Over half the nation practices voodoo
- Unemployment is running at over 40%
- In January 12, 2010 – A 7.0 magnitude earthquake strikes 14 miles west of Haiti, destroying most of the capital of Port-au-Prince. The estimated death toll is over 300,000.
- October 21, 2010 – A cholera outbreak is confirmed in Haiti.
- October 2011 – A new CDC report details improvements made in sanitation and education that lowered the mortality rate from cholera in Haiti from 4 percent to below 1 percent. Since
- December 2010, fewer people are dying from the disease despite an increase in number of cases reported.
- April 14, 2012 – The Haitian government and the World Health Organization launch a cholera vaccination program targeting 100,000 people.
- September 4, 2012 – Hurricane Isaac is blamed for the deaths of 19 people in Haiti.
- October 2012 – Dozens die in floods and landslides due to Hurricane Sandy